Saturday, February 4, 2012

Photographs

I'm not good at taking photographs.

I can successfully snap a picture. That's not the problem.

The problem is that I take so few pictures that I lose touch with the technological nuances of a camera.

Today I took out my digital camera and tried to snap some pictures, the first photographs I've taken with it since July, when I decided to take a picture of my novella. Some of you may be aware that there's a game tomorrow (check my blog again in about 12 hours for more on that), and I felt like there might be an opportunity for pictures.

But when I turned the camera on, I got a message that said, "Error: Please take out battery out, reinsert and try again."

So I did. And it worked. Except I got that annoying red "your battery is about to die" light flashing. This started a mad dash of me fumbling through my drawers trying to find the charger.

I have chargers for a lot of things -- my cellphone, my Bluetooth, my laptop. But I can't find one for my camera. I'm simultaneously ripping my place apart and cursing myself. "You always lose shit, Phil. Now you're gonna have to buy a new camera."

After I've pulled out all my drawers and duped them onto the floor, I look next to the microwave and there are some loose papers that I put there one day back in October or so. They haven't moved since. I dig underneath them, and....

...there's my camera charger.

Success! I plug it in. All is well. Photos are taken.

A good omen, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment