Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another Classmate Gets Published

I went online yesterday and ordered The Whipping Club, another book published by one of my Fairfield MFA classmates, Deb Henry. Congrats to Deb.

This comes off the heels of some of my other former classmates getting published.  This, however, is the first time something I actually workshopped in the program has been published. I look forward to reading again and seeing how the novel has evolved over time.

In fact, I was in five (count 'em, five) workshops with Deb in my time on the island. We referred to each other as our fictitious spouses because of this. We went through a fictitious divorce one residency when we were not in any workshops together.

We try to stay on good terms for our fictitious kids, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment