Monday, January 16, 2012

Three Fellow MFAers Get Published -- Woot!

January has been a good month for a few of my fellow Fairfield MFA graduates, who've had books published.

A.J. O'Connell's "Beware the Hawk" is a pulp fiction e-novella, formatted for Kindle, Nook and PDF that drops today. You can buy it here. Even though it's an e-book, if you want an "autographed copy" you can - until next Monday - send A.J. your mailing address at annjoconnell<at>gmail<dot>com, and she'll send you an autographed Post-It note that you can stick on your Nook/Kindle/computer/phone while you're reading.

Chris Belden has a Web site devoted to his novel, Carry-On, which was released Jan. 3. It's a dark and yet hilarious look into the world of the life of Caleb after his marriage dissolves. You can buy a copy here. He read an excerpt from it one evening during my graduation residency and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

And poet Annabelle Moseley's The Clock of the Long Now, released Monday, is a collection of sonnets that tackle time in its many forms. It's available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Having workshopped and eaten at the same table as and hung out with them during my time in the program, you can imagine how thrilled I am to see this trio in print. I can only hope that someday I'll be able to follow in their rather large footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment