Monday, January 16, 2012

Your Browser, the Sequel

Back in August, I blogged about how Blogger was trying to force me to switch my browser to Google Chrome. It gave me this message when I tried to blog:

Your browser is no longer supported by Blogger. Some parts of Blogger will not work and you may experience problems.
If you are having problems, try Google Chrome. | Dismiss

This was a seemingly nondescript blog, and I was able to figure it out and return to Internet Explorer the next day without incident. I'm sure Google Chrome is fine. I know several people who prefer Chrome, and perhaps if I really spent some time trying to acclimate myself to Chrome I might prefer it too. But I don't have time to think about such things. To me, if it's not intuitive enough for me to figure out immediately, then it's not worth the time.

Apparently I struck a chord. That blog is now my most viewed blog of all time by a wide margin. Perhaps people googled "Your browser is no longer supported by Blogger" and stumbled upon my blog. I even got a comment on this blog from someone whom I don't know.

It's somewhat depressing for me that it has replaced my previous most-viewed blog, in which I announced that I had finished a first draft of my novel. But you never know what people will gravitate toward when they're searching the blogosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment