Recently Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajak admitted that he and Vanna White used to tape the show after having a few drinks across the street. This is not in the current incarnation of the show but back in the '80, when there was both a daytime and nighttime version. He later backtracked/downplayed his comments after receiving some criticism.
This is ridiculous. It's not like Pat and Vanna have a difficult job. Here are their job responsibilities:
* Pat calls on a contestant to spin.
* When contestant calls out a letter, Pat says "I'm sorry there's no D" or "Yes, there are 3 T's."
* Vanna looks at the puzzle to see which tiles are lighted, walks over to them, touches them and the three T's show up.
* Pat makes sure contestant has enough money to buy a vowel (at least $250).
* Pat makes sure contestant doesn't call a letter on the used letter board.
* Pat makes sure contestant correctly solves the puzzle.
Not a lot of heavy lifting involved. You should be able to do this drunk.
Besides, back in those days, many game shows were notorious for erratic (i.e, drunk) behavior from the hosts/guest panel. Match Game is a notorious example. So who cares?