Friday, January 20, 2012

Laundromat

I don't use all my brain power.

Exhibit A: My new place is nice, but one downside is the dryer downstairs doesn't work. When I did my first laundry I ran it through the dryer twice. Basically, I flushed $2.50 down the toilet. My clothes were just as wet after two times in the dryer than they were when I threw them in.

I chalked it up as a failure, and most of autumn I air-dryed my clothes in my apartment. Which saves me $1.25 (or $2.50, or more) but also gives my clothes that odd musty smell. Not desirable. A few times I hit up a friend for use of her dryer (in exchange for babysitting her kids for a few hours), but there are only so many times I can go to that well.

Now that I'm back home from residency I started to think, there has to be a better way.

There's a Market Basket supermarket that I shop at right up the street from my house. Three doors down is a laundromat. Friday I gave it a try.

Four quarters in the dryer and my clothes were dry. Better than dry. Toasty warm. For less money than it would cost me to dry the clothes in my house (and about 16 cents in gas to drive there), I can finally dry my clothes satisfactorily. I mean, my friend's dryer works like a charm too but, well like I sad earlier, there are only so many times....

I've known this laundromat exists since I moved to town. Why I haven't connected the dots before now is beyond me.

I have to work on this brain power thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment