Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award Winner

A couple of days ago I found out there's a thing called the Versatile Blogger Award. I found this out because I was nominated for it by a fellow blogger friend (thanks, Kate).

According to the VBA website, if you've been nominated, you're a winner. So there will be no red-carpet ceremony hosted by Ryan Seacrest, no drama when someone wins and I don't (or vice versa), no after-party hijinks to be reported in People or on TMZ. The award does come with some housecleaning items that I have to take care of before I can officially be a VBA recipient.

1) Thank the person who gave me this award (already taken care of above. Thanks again, Kate.)

2) Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it. (Also already taken care of above).

3) Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!) Herein lies the challenge. Since Kate and I are MFA buds, she's already named a lot of the blogs I would have selected. However, as best as I can tell there's nothing in the bylaws that says I can't nominate someone again. At some point there's bound to be some repetition.

4) Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.  
Here goes:
Curses in Cursive (from Kate, this probs doesn't count toward the 15 since it's already mentioned above though)
Reinventing Erin (from my MFA Little Sister)
Write Here, Write Now (from my MFA Little Sister, Once Removed)
Climbing the Treacherous Mountain (from another MFA pal)
The Garret (from yet another MFA pal and my fellow workshopmate, who has a novella coming out in a week)
Hair-Raising Situations (you guessed it, another MFA buddy)
The Dirty Lamp (from my former MFA roommate)
Becoming Sissa (from another fellow MFAer and song-lyric-changer)
Carry On The Novel (from an MFA graduate from one year ago, whose novel has justg been published)
Theropoda (now I'm gonna get crazy and switch the focus from MFA classmates to dinosaur nuts)
Paul Lisicky (back to my MFA roots, author and teacher)
The Baby Blogs (blog from an infant boy, though I strongly suspect it's ghostwritten by his mom, a former fellow newspaper reporter friend of mine)
Pterosaur.net Blogs (back to things prehistoric, the favorite blog of my fictitious football team)
Eyes Peeled, Always (from someone I've never officially met but is inspirational nonetheless)
The Theropod Database Blog (yep, more dinosaurs)
Homen Dun Roamin (not an MFA friend, but a writer who received her MFA elsewhere and with whom I'm in a writers group).
Elizabeth Hilts Like Blowing Glass In Public (Surprise! Another fellow MFAer)
The Info Dump (still another MFAer and Trueblood Award winner)
The Dog and Spoke (lastly, this is a debut blog of yet another MFA buddy)

5) Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. Whew! I had no idea winning awards was so exhausting. And narcissistic.
Anyway, here goes:
* I'm a dinosaur junkie.
* I have a vivid imagination and I'm not afraid to use it.
* I'm obsessed with all things New England (OK, most things New England).
* I'm lost without the Internet
* I'm a big football fan.
* I'm an avid reader.
* I just received my MFA in fiction.

That's it, right? Good. Thanks for your support, everyone! I couldn't have done it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment