Monday, January 30, 2012

Why It's Important To Keep In Touch

I'm really bad at staying in touch. When I was younger, I was truly awful at it. I was more withdrawn then. I knew people but I was quiet and not good at holding a conversation.

Case in point: when I was young I visited relatives in Greece twice. Once was when I was really young (4ish), but the second time was my junior year in high school. I have cousins who still live in Greece. It was fun to hang out with them.

But I flew back to The States and time moved on and I didn't stay in touch. Last June my dad gave me my cousin's phone number and we got in touch again. He was recovering from a cancer scare. We talked and it was good to catch up on the last couple of decades. 

And then I lost touch with him again for six months. Monday morning I talked to my dad over the phone again. My cousin's cancer came back. He passed away over the weekend.

It's times like these when I wish I was better at keeping in touch. You never know when it will be the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment