Sunday, January 29, 2012

Super Bowl Talk at the Leominster McDonald's

Sunday night I was on my way home. At the exit to my place I stopped at McDonald's because I was tired and not in the mood to cook.

I had my Patriots jacket and Wes Welker jersey on. I ordered McNuggets. I turned my back to the cashier as I waited for my order, and then I heard....

"The Giants are gonna win next Sunday."

The night manager, who uttered this, apparently was taken aback that I turned to look at him. Every so often I have that moment when I seem to intimidate someone without trying.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," he said, backing up until he almost crashed into the fry-o-lator. "I was just kidding. I'm a Pats fan."

I chuckled and said, "I just spent the day with friends, a couple of whom were Giants fans."

The night manager said, "Wow, what the fuck is wrong with these people? This is MASSACHUSETTS. This is Patriots country."

Actually, I hadn't been in Massachusetts all day, but I hope I did my part to make sure the Leominster McDonald's stays true to the Pats.

No comments:

Post a Comment