Wednesday, February 15, 2012

White Coke Cans

I was at the store yesterday when I saw a red Coke can with polar bears on it.

A couple of months ago, all hell broke loose when Coke unveiled some white Coke cans with polar bears on them (as part of the campaign, they've donated millions to wildlife conservation efforts). People began confusing them with silver Diet Coke cans. And then they got pissed. I can understand how frustrating it can be for someone to be expecting Diet Coke and take a sip off regular Coke, since I despise Diet Coke. I remember being very careful the first time I saw the white Coke cans, because I wanted to make sure I was buying the right Coke.

Some people even said the regular Coke in white cans "tastes different." I actually thought it tasted a little better.

I understand the ruckus, but it seems a careful look at what you're grabbing goes a long way at preventing soft drink disappointment. Still, it looks like the new polar bear-themed red can means the white can is no more.

I still have a white can sitting on my kitchen counter. Maybe it'll be a collectors item.

No comments:

Post a Comment