Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Security Deposit

Today was our free day at the MFA residency. As such, I will take a break from writing about writing.

As is my custom, I go home on the free day. It's not a long ride (an hour and 15 minutes) and it's a good opportunity for me to do laundry and catch up on mail. (It used to be a good opportunity for me to catch up on email as well, but thanks to my new laptop with wireless Internet that's no longer necessary.)

After I threw my laundry in the washing machine I sorted through the mail, and found an envelope from my old landlord. My relationship with him soured at the end of my time in Worcester after my battle with him over fixing the front doorknob. So I knew this envelope contained either really good news or really bad news.

I opened the envelope...and found a treasurer's check made out to me for the amount of my security deposit (plus applicable interest, required under Massachusetts law).

I'm glad my battle with him is won.

No comments:

Post a Comment