Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Laptop

In my continued attempts to acquire 21st-century technology, I purchased a new computer -- an HP Pavilion.

My old computer lasted me for five years and it had a hell of a run. But it was time. It was slow. It still ran on Windows XP (at least I bypassed the whole Vista fiasco). It was slow. If I watched too much YouTube it would run out of memory and shut down. And it was really freakin' slow. Seriously, once I finished my daily blog it would take me like 10 minutes to post it on Twitter, Gmail and Facebook.

I got this new guy at Best Buy on sale.

I've been using this new bad boy for about a week and (knock on wood) thus far I really like it. I'm still getting used to the new keyboard and, as such, I've been spelling everything wrong when I type (one thing I did like about my old Dell was the keyboard, but keyboards aren't quite as useful when the computer is slow) Also, the built-in mouse is a little stiff, but I've had that problem with every laptop I've owned.

Now if I can just figure out how to do wireless Internet, I'll be golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment