Thursday, July 7, 2011

Writer's Group

June was a long month. I searched long and hard for a new place to live. I didn't do much writing. I had to put off reading my MFA classmates' writing samples for the upcoming residency. The Bruins won the Stanley Cup, and while that's most certainly a beautiful thing, and much more fun than moving, it was nonetheless emotionally exhausting and took a lot out of me.

Last night for the first time in a month I attended one of my writers' groups. It was a welcome relief from the chaos of packing, moving, unpacking and hockey.

I hadn't been as in touch with some of my writer friends as I'd like in June, and it was great to critique my friends' fiction and hopefully give them some advice that will help them as they revise.

It was great to get back into the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment