Monday, April 11, 2011

Fast Lane 3: Electric Boogaloo

Back in December I finally left the Dark Ages and got a Fast Lane transponder. It was a relief. Faster trips through the Pike tolls, no more digging up spare change underneath the passenger's seat, etc.

Last weekend, I went through and the lane told me I had a low balance. This was alarming. I thought I set up my FastLane account so that it would automatically replenish itself. This has me wondering about my checking account, which would be a much greater cause for concern if it were low. Fortunately, it wasn't.

So yesterday I had reason to be on the Mass Pike again. My fingers were crossed as I went through the FastLane booth, hoping that it would not give me the low balance light, or worse, the red light, and that I would not emerge being followed by state police cruisers with spike strips, trying to stop me from evading the tolls.

I approached with trepidation.

Luckily, I got the green light. "Thank you."

I stress way too much about some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment