Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Don't Give a Damn About the Royal Family, Part Two

By all accounts, Prince William and Kate Middleton seem like nice folks.

That said, I don't give a shit about their wedding.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about it (thank God it starts at 4 a.m., so I'll be asleep during it). We seceded from the Brits in 1776 because we got sick of paying taxes for a royal family's largesse without having any say in the matter. Yet, somehow, we're fascinated by this morning's Royal Wedding, or at least the media thinks we're fascinated by it, because Kim Khazei, Bianca de la Garza and Paula Ebben are all in England reporting about it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chs. 4, 5 and 7 are all Boston TV stations, right?

I care more about the poor people down South who are being devastated by tornadoes.

I care more about my friend who's getting married this August, and my cousin who's getting married this October.

I wish William and Kate the best. I would want my wedding to go seamlessly and I hope theirs does too. (Then again, if I ever get married, I hope it doesn't attract this much spectacle.)

But I don't give a shit about their wedding. It can't be over soon enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment