Friday, April 8, 2011

Deli Douchebag

On my way home from the gym yesterday morning, I stopped at the Stop & Shop deli to pick up some turkey. The woman behind the counter said "I'll be right with you, I just have to take something out of the over."

As she does this, another guy walked up to the deli.

Deli woman returns and starts to take my order, at which time the guy said,

"Excuse me, I'm next."

Really?

Deli woman turns to him and said, "No, sir, he's next," pointing at me.

"Ma'am, I have a deli number," and to prove this, he pulled it out, as if that would to overrule the fact that I had already been there for five minutes.

"No, sir, this gentleman is next," Deli woman said, pointing at me.

He said, "Man, what do you have these number for if--"

At this point I decided to shout my order for a half-pound of roast turkey, drowning him out. I smiled at him as I took my turkey and left, enjoying the moment.

It's dog eat dog at the deli counter, especially when all the douchebags show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment