Thursday, November 11, 2010

The NFL Is Still Better On TV

One of the big drawbacks to living in an area where you have Charter, the bastard child of cable companies, is that you can't watch Thursday Night Football.  Charter doesn't carry The NFL Network.

Apparently I missed a good game that just ended minutes ago. The Ravens scored with a minute left to take a 21-20 lead, only to have the Falcons march 80 yards in about 35 seconds to score a touchdown and win 26-21.

Not that it wasn't for a lack of effort on my part.  I tried watching on the Internet, where nfl.com tried to suck me in with an offer to watch the game live.  I was skeptical, and yeah, it was bullshit. When I clicked onto the link, it sent me to a pencil-necked geek telling me that neither Atlanta nor Baltimore was doing much for his fantasy team.  There was no actual game coverage.  (Actually, I'm sure there was, but it would involve giving out my credit card number.)

Then I just settled for following the game online, with play-by-play updated every 30 seconds or so.  This would've been fine, except that it caused my computer to freeze.  Granted, my laptop still has Windows XP, which is two releases and five years ago, but I've never had many serious problems with my laptop.

When my computer finally settled down, though, I did notice this from the play-by-play of the game's final final drive:

1-10-BAL 9 (:16) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass deep middle to 86-T.Heap to BLT 27 for 18 yards (50-C.Lofton). BLT-86-T.Heap was injured during the play. His return is Questionable.

His return is questionable?  Seriously? THERE WERE 16 SECONDS LEFT! THIS WAS THE NEXT-TO-LAST PLAY OF THE GAME! I'm pretty sure Todd Heap wasn't coming back.

Anyway, I look forward to moving somewhere that has NFL Network again.  The NFL is still better on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment