Friday, August 5, 2011

Texting

Let it be known:

I hate texting.

As a general rule, if someone wants to contact me on a phone-like device, I would prefer to have an actual conversation.

Now, don't get me wrong -- there are a few people whom, because they like to talk a little too much, I find it refreshing to be able to text them, because then I don't actually have to have a real conversation to them. That said, I try to avoid those people in general, and the folks of those ilk whom I find myself actually needing to talk to from time to time I can count on one hand.

I have a slightly upgraded cell phone plan, though, which allows me unlimited texting for an extra $5 a month. I hate this. Because last night I found myself having a text conversation when I could've just called that number and had a real conversation.

This has to stop. I refuse to give in to the cyborgs.

1 comment: