Monday, August 1, 2011

Mason's Road, Aug 2011 Launch

The latest issue of Mason's Road is online.

Yours truly was the fiction co-editor for this edition. The other co-editor Jean Medeiros and I and 17 fiction readers sorted through nearly 200 short stories submitted during the reading period. We selected seven for publication.

Of course when you get that many submissions, some of them are bound to be not so good. That said, I was really happy with the seven we selected. I felt like they were all excellent stories, the types of stories that I would say to myself, "Wow. This is good writing." In fact, there were a couple of stories that we felt were really good, but had to turn down because we can only accept so many.

So you can click onto the link above and check out the stories we selected. You'll also find a mug shot of me on the editorial board page, and a letter from the fiction co-editors, co-written by Jean and I. Good stuff.

And, I'm told the new submission period begins Aug. 15. So get your short stories and essays and poems ready.

1 comment: