Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Morning Joe

It's a war zone out there.  I have to duck in and out of close spaces to avoid the snipers trying to hit me.

And that's just in the parking lot of Trader Joe's.

O man, do NOT go to Trader Joe's on a Saturday morning.  I almost got hit in the lot FOUR TIMES by cars angling for the last remaining parking spaces.  It's like their life depends on whether they can get their chicken sausage and get out in five minutes. Once inside, the people maneuver their carriages like tanks, hitting everything in their path, and then glaring at you as if you jumped in their way at the last minute. It's silly, because the checkout lines are so long on a Saturday morning that those whose life depends on a five-minute shopping experience might as well open the box of their whole grain cereal in line and use that as their final meal.

Don't get me wrong, I love Trader Joe's. They have good food -- when the fruit is in season it's top-notch -- and if you look hard enough, you can find great deals.

But I won't be heading over there on Saturdays anymore.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment