Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dream Analysis

OK, fellow Freudians, someone tell me what this dream means.
It's summertime.  I'm at a party.  The party is at a high-rise hotel -- at the bar at ground level, but my room is on the 27th floor.

I'm not entirely sure why, but I have to go up to my room.  I go in, pick up something and am on my way back to the elevator when I run into a female acquaintance of mine (who shall remain nameless, for reasons that will become obvious shortly).  Her room is also on the 27th floor.

We talk in the hallway on the way to her room.  Out of the blue, she takes off her shirt and we have a brief moment of intimacy.  Normalcy returns, she puts her shirt back on and we go out to the 27th-floor patio.  We're talking and she's laughing and drinking the vodka she brought from her room.  She's becoming increasingly tipsy, and as she giggles a little too hard, she falls over the patio railing and drops 27 floors to her death.

I'm horrified at 1) watching someone fall to their death, which is horrible, but also at 2) the realization that I'm the last person to be with her alive, and we were alone, and there are no witnesses other than us, and there will also probably some of my DNA on her from when she took of her shirt for a few minutes earlier, and all this will become immediately suspicious to the authorities when they arrive at the scene.

Holy shit.  What the fuck is wrong with me?
         

No comments:

Post a Comment