Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day, Charlie Brown

I watched "Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown/A Charlie Brown Valentine" on Friday night.  It's the first time I've seen it in years.  I always forget how much unrequited love there is in Peanuts.

* Peppermint Patty and Marcie love Charlie Brown, who loves the little red-haired girl.

* Lucy loves Schroeder, who loves Beethoven.

* Sally loves Linus, who loves Miss Othmar, who has a boyfriend.  I don't know why Linus wastes his time anyway, seeing that a) Miss Othmar would get arrested for consummating a relationship with him, and b) she sounds like a trombone when she talks, which has to get annoying in bed.

So much tragedy in a cute little cartoon.

4 comments:

  1. You're forgetting all the subtext! Like...Patty and Marcie are REALLY in love with each other. I mean, she calls her "Sir," for chrissakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kate. Those two were NOT after Charlie Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walked into the staff room this morning. Lots of contributions: homemade heart-shaped cookies with pink icing, heart-shaped chocolates, pretzel sticks, and a massive bag of cheetos.

    I said to myself, "Looks like some girl is about to settle in for a good cry."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always suspected Schroeder was gay. Way too into Beethoven.

    ReplyDelete