Monday, January 24, 2011

Wishing Good Thoughts

My cousin Elena and I have a lot in common.  We're a year-and-a-half apart.  We're both only children, so we were basically the siblings each other never had. 

And we took that seriously.  We fought like siblings throughout childhood.  She generally got the worst of it -- she likes to talk about the time I swung her around by her hair, though I maintain I swung her by her ears.  I had a lot of trouble getting along with classmates when I was in grade school and I think subliminally I took some of that out on her.  Certainly a lousy excuse.  I proved I was the less mature of the two of us.

Simply put, Elena hasn't always had the easiest life and yet she's always been a trooper.  Yesterday she underwent surgery.  I haven't talked to her, so I'm hearing this second-hand, but they're watching her carefully.  Hopefully in a few hours they'll move her to a room, and that she's well on her way to recovery.  She deserves it.

  

1 comment:

  1. here here, she's in good hands, and should be okay to fight another day!... with you? ;)
    love ya

    ReplyDelete