Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Abusive Or Spammy

So, you may have noticed I posted yesterday's blog as an attachment to my Facebook status update rather than the normal link.  I had to.  Facebook tagged the blog as "abusive or spammy" and wouldn't let me post it the normal way.

Perhaps this is because Facebook's computer tags have no sense of humor.  In tongue-in-cheek fashion, I has suggested that a guy walking in the road during the snowstorm the other day may have been attempting suicide by car, and recommended that he should've headed in the opposite direction to the Lake Quinsigamond bridge.

I thought it was pretty obvious that this was not a serious suggestion.  I would never seriously recommend anyone commit suicide.

This made me wonder, perhaps this blog will get flagged too.  Facebook could tag the second paragraph as just as abusive as yesterday's blog.  We shall see.

In order to test my hypothesis, I will now type in several words that could be flagged as abusive.  I don't endorse any of these words -- they all pertain to concepts or actions that I disapprove of and/or make me uncomfortable. 

Murder
Corruption
Suicide
Totalitarianism
Rape
Genocide
Dictatorship
Extortion
Embezzlement
Gang-related Violence
Slavery
Self-Mutilation
Torture


We'll see if I can post this blog the normal way.  You'll be able to tell by how it appears on Facebook.  Wish me luck.   

2 comments: