Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Phone Interview

People seem to be fascinated with how I did at the job placement agency yesterday.  It was pretty bland, more or less what I expected -- yes, we like your resume; no, we're not working with any companies that have immediate openings; yes, we'll call you when a suitable opening pops up; what's the lowest you'd be willing to make per hour, etc., etc.

I also spoke with a company that wants to do a phone interview with me this afternoon, and another that wants to interview me next Tuesday.  I'm always skeptical of phone interviews.  To me, a phone interview is a company's way of saying, "Your resume isn't bad enough for us to disqualify you immediately, but you're probably not going to end up on our short list."

But maybe I'm just being too cynical (I know, I know, you're shocked, me, cynical?).  You never know.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. no, sometimes its just a part of the process. a lot of places have a mandatory phone interview.so no fret. you have a great resume.

    ReplyDelete