Monday, July 7, 2014

Northborough's Biggest Delinquent

My printer isn't working right now, and didn't have time to troubleshoot because I had to print something today. So I ran over to the Northborough Town Library for five minutes to hop onto on of the computers, print what I needed and head back home.


As I got back in my car, I realized I had left my sunglasses (which I had taken off because they were of no use indoors) in the library next to the computer I was using. I ran back upstairs.


Fortunately they were still there. But I also noticed something else that I hadn't noticed the first time  was there -- a sign with a price rate of 15 cents per printed page.


I printed out three pages.


I walked out without paying, didn't realize it, and nobody tried to stop me.  I owe them 45 cents.


Now I feel bad. I go over to the librarian station, but she's not there. I wait for 5 minutes. She doesn't return.


And I have places to be, so I leave, delinquent on my 45-cent bill to the town.


If Northborough can't afford to build a new school sometime in the future, it's my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment