Sunday, June 29, 2014

Shopping on a Mission

When I tag along while someone else is shopping I'm pretty relaxed and chill, because it's more of a social event for me. But when I'm out shopping, I'm on a mission. I have something(s) I'm looking for, I go find them, grab them, hit the checkout lane and run.


The other day I was at Target. I needed one thing. I knew exactly where in the store that thing was located. And I made a beeline for it.


A Target employee walks out of the sporting goods aisle. Normally if you wander aimlessly or look like you're lost, employees will ask, "Can I help you find something?" Perfectly understandable.


That's not the case here. I'm almost running because I know exactly where I'm headed.


Still, the Target employee makes eye contact with me and asks, "Can I help you find something?"


I'm a little taken aback that he's ambushed me like this.


But I don't lose my focus.


"No," I say, without breaking stride.


As I leave him in the dust I hear him say, "OK," with sort of that sad-puppy-dog whimper.


I don't stop, but at the same time I feel like maybe I could've been a little more polite. After all, I'm just shopping. This isn't an emergency.


So, if you're out there, Target employee, I truly did not need your help finding something. But just know that I apologize for being rude. It was unnecessary and I'll try to be more social when shopping in the future.


       















No comments:

Post a Comment