Sunday, May 25, 2014

Why Dr. Pepper Is a Quack

Last year Dr. Pepper rolled out this series of commercials for it's Dr. Pepper 10, in which it claims the low-calorie soft drink is "not for women." Seems a little sexist if you ask me, but what the hell do I know? I'm in the business of selling soft drinks, not producing them. (Also, why risk pissing off half of your potential number of consumers.)


A while back, one of my female coworkers happened upon a can of Dr. Pepper 10.


She looked at me.


I looker at her.


"What do you think," I asked her. "Wanna risk it?"


"Sure," she said.


That was last September. Since then:


* She has not died.


* The police have not banged down her door and dragged her away in handcuffs, or worse.


* She's much healthier than before, largely as a result of joining a gym.


* She doesn't look any more manly.


* She's been promoted.


Long story short, her life has gone pretty well since consuming this beverage.


I haven't seen this commercial recently. Maybe Dr. Pepper is finally admitting to quackery.





No comments:

Post a Comment