Monday, January 30, 2012

Why It's Important To Keep In Touch

I'm really bad at staying in touch. When I was younger, I was truly awful at it. I was more withdrawn then. I knew people but I was quiet and not good at holding a conversation.

Case in point: when I was young I visited relatives in Greece twice. Once was when I was really young (4ish), but the second time was my junior year in high school. I have cousins who still live in Greece. It was fun to hang out with them.

But I flew back to The States and time moved on and I didn't stay in touch. Last June my dad gave me my cousin's phone number and we got in touch again. He was recovering from a cancer scare. We talked and it was good to catch up on the last couple of decades. 

And then I lost touch with him again for six months. Monday morning I talked to my dad over the phone again. My cousin's cancer came back. He passed away over the weekend.

It's times like these when I wish I was better at keeping in touch. You never know when it will be the last time.

4 comments:

  1. Muỗi là loại côn trùng truyền bệnh nguy hiểm. Người ta chỉ biết đến muỗi với bệnh sốt xuất huyết vì nó khá phổ biến. Nhưng ít ai biết rằng muỗi gây ra tới 7 loại bệnh phổ biếnThông tin của bài viết này sẽ chia sẻ tới bạn 7 loại bệnh phổ biến do ký sinh trùng và virus mà con người có thể mắc phải khi bị muỗi đốt. Mời bạn cùng tìm hiểu cửa lưới Hoàng Minh
    7 bệnh bạn có thể mắc phải từ muỗi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Máy tính để bàn là một trong những thiết bị không thể thiếu với thời đại công nghệ thông tin như hiện nay. Tuy nhiên không phải ai cũng có máy mắn để sở hữu cho mình một máy tính để bàn trọn bộ. Lúc này thì hầu hết chúng ta sẽ nghĩ tới việc chọn mua máy tính bàn cũ. Nhưng lại có vấn đề phát sinh là làm sao để chọn mua được chiếc máy tính bàn có chất lượng tốt. Vậy, khi mua máy tính bàn cũ thì cần những lưu ý gì sở hữu một chiếc máy tính có chất lượng tốt. Nếu bạn cũng đang quan tâm tới thông tin này, hãy tham khảo thông tin ở bài viết dưới đây nhé.
    Những lưu ý không thể bỏ qua khi mua máy tính bàn cũ

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/nguonmaytinhcu
    https://www.play.fm/nguonmaytinhcu
    https://www.polygon.com/users/nguonmaytinhcu
    https://www.edocr.com/v/lbarxyw0/benbabb23/Nguon-may-tinh-cu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Learn English Vocabulary at the website Englishtivi.com. The best website to learn English. English Vocabulary - Englishtivi.com English Vocabulary - Englishtivi.com English Vocabulary - Englishtivi.com English Vocabulary - Englishtivi.com #vocabulary, #englishvocabulary, #english_vocabulary, #english_vocabulary_englishtivi,#vocabulary_englishtivi, #Englishtivi,#english_tivi

    ReplyDelete