Monday, January 2, 2012

Mystic Cop Log

I've been showering at my friend's hotel room of late because of the septic fiasco. Monday they gave me the keys and told me to let myself in because they had to go to a seminar and, as part of the graduating cohort, I do not.

I showered, shaved and put new clothes on. Then I let myself out. As I got into the car, a guy burst out of the manager's office at the Taber Inn and flagged me down.

"Excuse me, what room are you in?" he asked.

"Room 17."

"What's your name?"

Shit. Clearly I am neither Erin nor Linsey.

"I'm not actually renting the room. My friends offered it to me because I'm part of the Enders crowd that had the septic debacle. They gave me the keys." I jiggle the keys to show him.

He seems to be fine after this. It was an awkward encounter. Erin and Linsey are my friends and they've been very generous to let me shower over there while we're in septic hell and I would never steal anything from them. But it's good news. It's good that the Taber is watching out for them.

1 comment:

  1. There has been an update to this blog (Maybe tomorrow's post for you?) I was also confronted this afternoon, although he didn't appear quite as jovial after I spoke with him.

    ReplyDelete