Thursday, January 26, 2012

Facebook Timeline

It's coming. According to published reports, Facebook will be forcing me to switch to Timeline soon.

I've always been a holdout to Facebook redesigns. They happen so often, I feel like they disappear once I get used to them. This one seems to be particularly nerve-wracking. People are scrambling to go back through five years of Facebook status updates to erase any embarrassing comments.

There's a certain narcissism to Facebook. I post a lot of status updates and links to my blog and funny articles and such and I'm sure I drive people nuts from time to time. However, I also like to think that I can count on one hand the number of things I've posted that I'm embarrassed about.

I'm not necessarily looking forward to Timeline, but I'm not going to obsess about it. I don't think I have to go back and delete stuff. And that's good. Because I like to sleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment