Tuesday, September 13, 2011

On the Farm

I've moved again.

I've moved to a farm in the little town of New Braintree (2010 census population: 999 -- perhaps I am the 1,000th resident and as such will win a prize). In terms of population, this is by far the smallest town I've lived in at any time in my life -- a few years back I lived in Holliston, which clocks in at about 13,000 and was the previous smallest town. I've been moving over the past five days and tonight is my first night sleeping here.

There are goats and chickens and ducks and geese and cats on the farm. There are wild turkeys. There are apple and pear and peach trees. I see evidence of grapes, too.

There's a gravel driveway and a hammock in the front yard.

A cool breeze is blowing  through the window as I type this. I can see what looks like a nearly full moon out the window, brighter than I've ever seen the moon.

This could be one of the more interesting experiences of my life..

1 comment:

  1. You can truly commune with nature! Or get in touch with your inner Grampie... he grew up tending chickens and roosters, turkeys, pigs and goats, and gardening.... Better get to be early if they have a rooster it crows early and loudly! <3 you

    ReplyDelete