Monday, September 20, 2010

Yeah, but other teams suck too...

It's disappointing when the Patriots lose.  But I didn't know what to expect from them this year, so I'm not gonna dwell on it.  There are other teams I knew what to expect from, and seeing them stumble out of the gate makes me happy.

It's fun to see Minnesota start 0-2.  I've always said one of these days Brett Favre will crash and burn, and maybe this will be the year.  He's started off the season with 1 touchdown and 4 interceptions. He can bitch and moan about how he's not comfortable with the receivers, but minus Sidney Rice it's the same bunch he had last year.  And he can't blame the interception he threw at the goal line on the receivers -- that was a horrible throw.  It's sad when you're rooting for Favre to get hurt.

Likewise, seeing Dallas start 0-2 is a joy, particularly when you think about who they've lost to.  At least Minnesota has lost to a couple of teams (New Orleans, Miami) that should be contenders.  While Washington may be improved, I doubt they'll be contending for hre Super Bowl just yet.  And I may be proven wrong but I still contend Chicago sucks.

Maybe the Patriots won't do much this year, but watching Minnesota and Dallas cash and burn will make the season well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment