Sunday, March 4, 2012

My 1,000th Tweet

I've had a Twitter account since 2009, but for a long time I really didn't fully understand it. First I thought it was Facebook if Facebook was only the status update. Then I discovered it was a convenient place to post a link to my blog.

Over the past six months or so I've gotten the hang of Twitter a little more -- to the chagrin of those who follow me, who have discovered that I livetweet TV a lot. I think the turning point was one night when the Saints kicked the shit out of the Colts, 62-7, on Sunday Night Football. Rather than do the normal, sane thing (change the channel), I livetweeted every time the Saints piled on to their already gargantuan lead.

Now I try to tweet five times a day. And though some days I don't tweet at all, I more than make up for that on nights that The Bachelor or NFL football are on.

So as I found myself getting close to 1,000 career tweets, I started to think if there was something profound or clever or earthshattering I could say in my 1,000th tweet.

And then this morning I noticed that I just reached 1,000 with the following tweet:

"I like those lyrics better."

The content was OK. But I feel like that's an epic fail of a 1,000th tweet. Oh, well. I can only hope that five years from now I'll be composing my 10,000th tweet and it'll be more profound.

No comments:

Post a Comment