Saturday, March 10, 2012

Calibri: The Official Font of Melodramatic Writing

I'm wary whenever I see a piece of writing in Calibri font. It's only partially because I find it to be kind of an ugly font.

This is totally unscientific, but I feel like a disproportionally large number of melodramatic pieces of writing are typed in Calibri.

I bring this up because I read one such piece last night. I've brought this up before to friends and they always kind of look at me funny. Some of these friends like Calibri. They're probably pissed at me.

No matter. For a variety of reasons I won't be giving any examples of Calibri melodrama here, but I stand behind my opinion. And I think if you scroll through some Calibri writing, you'll agree. Going forward, every time I see a piece in Calibri, I'm going to cringe a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment