Tuesday, December 4, 2012

To Blog Or Not To Blog

Over the weekend, I wrote a couple of pages that a friend said was pretty good. I thought (and she concurred) that it might make a good blog post.

The couple of pages in question were about interpersonal dealings between myself and someone else.

I went back and forth. There were advantages and disadvantages. Writing is often a good way to get your thoughts out. That said, airing those thoughts in such a public forum can be narcissistic. And, while I'm pretty confident for a variety of reasons that the Someone Else will never read this, you never know. The piece is at times flattering and unflattering for both me and the other person.

It's been a tough decision.

At this current moment in time, I've elected not to run it.

That's not to say that I won't someday post the blog. It's very possible that, a week, a month, a year from now, I'll run with it. Or maybe the writing was therapeutic enough for me and it'll never see the light of day.

Time will tell. When I started writing this blog that you're reading now, I was still on the fence about my decision. Another situation where writing helped me talk myself through a decision. That said, I'm very sorry if you feel like I teased you into reading this without a payoff. If so, all I can say is, hang tight. Someday when you least expect it, you may get your wish.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment