Thursday, December 20, 2012

End of the World

They tell me the world will end tomorrow, so this seems like a good time to reflect upon my life.

My biggest regrets:
1) I haven't paid off all my debt.
2) My novel hasn't yet been published. This would actually be a bigger regret for me than the first one. It's been a difficult year in a lot of ways and I haven't been able to work on it as much as I'd like. Were the world not ending, I'd love a second chance at polishing it off over the next year or two. Let this be a lesson to us all -- we never know how much time we have left and we need to seize the day.

On the flip side:
1) I'm healthy
2) I have a close network of family and friends.
3) I'm content with who I am as a person. This makes me happiest. I almost never go to bed unhappy. Small disappointments here and there, yes. Regrets, occasionally (see above). There are people in this world who don't like me, but you can't be liked by everybody and I feel like those who don't like me, it's more of a flaw with them than me. I'm content. And happy. In a lot of ways I feel like I'm one of the luckiest people on Earth.

I don't want to world to end now, so hopefully the Mayans are wrong. But if this is how I have to go out, I can be at peace with myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment