Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Patience

I'm not the most patient person in the world, but I try.  I don't snap at people unless they really get on my nerves.  I try to tolerate the constitutional right of idiots to vote.  And if I'm in a bad mood, I don't pick up the phone.

But this morning, my patience was really tested as I was cut off three times on my way home from the gym -- twice in the same parking lot.  It's particularly frustrating on the morning after our first measurable snowfall, when everybody either drives as slow as a snail or as if nothing happened, both of which leads to unnecessary aggravation on my part.

I'm home now and safe, at least safe from bad drivers.  Then again, if anyone can find a way to plow their car through a third-story window, they'd do so through my living room.

The one silver lining -- I really didn't know what to write about today and slept on it.  At least in that sense, my patience was rewarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment