Monday, August 8, 2011

501 Things To Do If You Dare

On the advice of my friend Rebecca, the other night I bought the book 501 Things To Do If You Dare for 90 cents at Barnes & Noble. It's an interesting book. The premise is self-explanatory.

Some of the dares are things I've done in the past and will never do again (No. 1: "Ride a roller coaster").

Others I've done not as a dare but by accident (No. 18: "Drive the wrong way on a one-way street").

Some I've never had any interest in doing and never will (No. 107: "Run with a herd of bulls").

Others are dares that, in my current life situation, I can't do. For example, No. 444: "Take your significant other to a strip club", will have to wait until a time in my life when I have a significant other.

I have to say, though, I consider myself a fairly reserved, risk-averse person, so I was surprised that I have actually done 161 out of the 501 things. That's nearly one-third (32.14%).

And the single most risky, scary thing in the whole list is something that I have done:

No. 247: "Write a book."

4 comments:

  1. love this blog post. one of my favorite for sure. where can i get a 90 cut book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. autocorrect issues: i meant to ask where i could get a 90cent book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, E. It was on summer clearance, so it was 75% off the normal list price of $3.99, and then I got an additional 10 percent off with my B&N membership card.

    ReplyDelete