Friday, May 3, 2013

Goals 2013

I probably should've written this blog four months ago, but the year started a little crazy for me and I had to put the blog down for a little while.

Alas, the year's a good one-third of the way done now. Still, I need some goals to aspire to as I move through 2013.

* Buy a table and a comfortable chair: When I moved last October, I had to get rid of mine. I'm a little overdue. I can't underestimate how important comfort is, at least to me. I need to do some shopping around, but this will be an important decision for me.

* Eat broccoli at least twice a week: True to my contrarian nature, I have different thoughts on vegetables. Here's how a typical conversation goes with me and a vegetable-lover:

Vegetable Lover: "Here, have some [insert vegetable here]."
Me: "No thanks, I hate vegetables."
Vegetable Lover: "How can you hate vegetables? They're good for you. I love all vegetables except broccoli."
Me: "Actually, broccoli's about the only vegetable I like."
Vegetable Lover: "Yuk! How can you like broccoli?"

I used to eat tons of broccoli, actually. But after my life got a little crazy I sort of forgot about broccoli. I need to get back into it.

* Get back to the gym: This dovetails into the above. It's time to get healthier.

* Pay off two credit cards: I have four, and paying off all four is unrealistic. But two, while still maybe a bit of a reach, is something to strive for.

And last, but far from least:

* FINISH MY NOVEL: Another thing that time constraints has prevented me from working on nearly as much as I would like. I have a first draft done, but it needs work. I would like to spend the next eight months really putting some polish on this.

So that's it. For what it's worth. I'll be back in December to talk about how miserably I failed at achieving these goals.

1 comment:

  1. Okay the last one is definitely the most exciting!!!!

    Also, didn't you get the memo? If you blog it, you achieve it. It's practically mandatory.

    ReplyDelete