Monday, November 7, 2011

Thesis: The End

After a long, two-plus year road, filled with many twists and turns, I completed my MFA thesis -- i.e., the novel -- over the weekend.

My mentor asked me how it feels. Honestly, I don't feel much different that I did Friday morning. I think the MFA culture drills into our heads that it's supposed to feel like angels will appear overhead as a choir begins to chant.

In reality, though, it feels like another step in the process. The real stressful part of the thesis semester was looking at chapters I wrote a long time ago and haven't touched since and saying to myself,  "Wow, this is bad. I'm embarrassed to have written this." It's an imperfect work. It's still far from agent-ready. But it's closer to being agent-ready than it was and that's the important part, that there's progress toward the ultimate goal of getting it published.



 

1 comment:

  1. You pushed through and got it done... good for you, congratulations! Keep on pushing through and soon you will be pubished (well published again.. in novel form this time). :)

    ReplyDelete