Sunday, May 22, 2011

Job Application

On my way to run some errands yesterday, I noticed the adult video store near where I live is hiring.

Aw, what the hell, I said to myself. Why not?

I walked in and asked for an application. The girl behind the counter handed me one. I started to walk out. The girl became flustered.

"Wait," she said. "You have to fill that out in the store."

I stared at her.

"You have to fill that out here. The manager doesn't like people running off with his applications."

I looked down at the application. It's a very generic form. It doesn't even feature the store's logo or otherwise identify it. It could easily have been copied from a grocery store job application. I looked back up at the girl and roll my eyes.

This seems to have calmed her down. She, too, didn't seem to understand why this was store policy.

"Go ahead," she said. "Take it and bring it back whenever you fill it out."

I had no idea this would such a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment