Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yoga

I used to dabble in yoga every once in awhile, but in the past year or two I've gone less and less. Last night I took a yoga class for the first time in awhile.  Getting back into the swing of things was a real experience.

First of all, it was a class of 14 and, of course, I was the only guy. This would make most guys feel like the luckiest man in the world.  Me, I got self-conscious that they all thought I was there to hit on girls.  This awkward feeling was only enhanced when one girl, who happened to be directly in front of me, abruptly walked out during class.

During the warmup, when I first bent into warrior pose, my knees ached.  Great.  Were my knees suddenly shot?  Was my yoga career over before it started?

After a couple minutes though, my knees felt fine and I shook off the kinks.  Nobody else walked out of class. It's a great workout. Like, really great, just as good as cardio, if not better.  My abs are sore this morning, but it's a good sore.  I feel like I might've lost a pound or two yesterday.

I gotta get back into this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment