Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Popular Demand

I'm scheduled to graduate and get my MFA in January, at the upcoming residency. More and more people are requesting that I "stay in the program" after graduation.

One person yesterday suggested that I continue to TA (I'm going to be a teaching assistant for a workshop at residency) for subsequent residencies, and that if I didn't agree to it, that this person would go to the proper authorities and make sure that I am forced to stay on. Others, in recent weeks, have suggested that I purposely flunk my thesis semester so I can come back, or that I just take an extra semester just for kicks. This popular demand seems to have taken on a life of its own.

I'm slightly humbled and very curious and amazed at how many people have suggested something along these lines in the past couple of weeks alone.

FUMFA, you've created a monster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment