Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wheel of Fortune

I watch Wheel of Fortune on occasion. When I was a kid my grandmother and I would watch and see which of us could solve the puzzle first.

But you don't have to be a regular Wheel Watcher to be bombarded with commercials on Channel 4 the past month about their special show Thursday, in which a contest winner got to be Vanna White for the day. So I decided I should watch last night. I mean, what if the guest Vanna was cute?

One problem -- Channel 4 is also CBS, which means Thursday is also NCAA Tournament night, which means there was no Wheel of Fortune on last night.

Why the hell did Channel 4 run all those ads when they knew well in advance they wouldn't be televising Wheel?

I checked my listings, and Channel 4 will be airing an episode of Wheel at 2:37 a.m. Not sure if I want to stay up that late to find out. With my luck, it'll end up being a repeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment