Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fast Lane, The Sequel

So I just got home.  The writer's group was a blast; the Yankee swap was a great idea.

The big deal, however, was on the way to and from the meeting.  I tested my new Fast Lane transponder.  I was frightened going into the lane; you don't get a ticket.  I was on the Mass Pike for the scariest 20 minutes of my life, hoping and praying that the transponder would work. 

I tentatively drove into the lane at the 128 exit....slowed down and waited.

The green light went on.  "Thank you," said a sign inside the green light, which is slightly creepy.

Whew!  Off the hook.  On the way back, same story.  I can only pray that the transponder did indeed work, or else the police won't be kicking my door in while I sleep. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you're safe... at least until you get a horrendously wrong bill for going through the same toll 45 times in one night within a 14 second time span :0

    ReplyDelete