Sunday, April 14, 2013

Bespectacled

I wore glasses today. I need to order new contact lenses, so for a little while I'll be bespectacled.

This happens periodically, and it always leads to a variety of comments.

"I didn't know you wear glasses...."

"Hey! You got a haircut."

"Is that a new shirt?"

The one that crops up the most is, "You look nice with glasses. You should wear glasses all the time." It's the most frustrating one. Because it's a very flattering comment. And yet, I hate wearing glasses. I had to start wearing glasses in the fourth grade. Nobody liked me in fourth grade, and so I was subjected to taunts of "Four-Eyes" and "Geek" throughout the year. And glasses press on your nose and they become very uncomfortable after awhile.

So maybe my own personal vanity has gotten the best of me and I'm being a shallow jerk. But I hope I can get a new supply of contact lenses soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment