Friday, November 30, 2012

Writers Group

Last night I went to a writers group for the first time in a couple of months.

It was sorely needed. The past few months have been chaotic for me and because of that I had to put writing down for a little bit. It made me feel bad about myself. In January I gave a speech when I graduated with my MFA and one of the things I talked about in it was about the need to keep writing. And so the past couple of months I felt like a hypocrite.

I miss writing.

I also miss my writing friends. I find camaraderie is an important aspect of writing and it was just really great to share some stories with them. We also set some goals for our next meeting.

It's very refreshing to get back into the swing of things. Coming off the heels of my last day at my job, it was one of the happier nights I've had in a long time, and my writing friends were a big part of that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time. I did too. Gooooo writers' group!

    ReplyDelete