Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Retail Exhibitionism

It's getting toward closing time. There's a lot of stuff for me to do and never enough time to do it all, particularly when pesky customers keep coming in to buy stuff.

This one is buying vodka. I feel like he's of age to buy, but I don't see any outward clues that totally give it away (the onset of crow's feet, a few specks of gray hair, the beginnings of a receding hairline). So I ask him for ID.

"Shit. I don't have it. Seriously, you're new here. I'm 28. I come in here all the time."

If I had to guess, I'd say 28 sounds about right for him. But I pause. You never know if a sting is happening.

It was a long pause.

About 15 seconds later, from the car he was in emerges a girl, wearing only a bra and thong.

"Hurry UP!" she tells him.

I had to let him buy the vodka on principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment