Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

I'm thankful:

* To have a job. Earlier this year I was going on my 18th consecutive month of unemployment, and in the last month of so of that my unemployment benefits had exhausted. It's been a difficult year, but it's nice to have a means of income.

* That Thanksgiving means two or three days of leftovers.

* That, to the best of my knowledge, I have my health. I say to the best of my knowledge because even with all the advancements in health care, we never know if we'll wake up to the day we drop dead of a heart attack. But I've always been pretty healthy and I hope this continues.

* That last night the Patriots beat the stuffing out of the New York Jets, a franchise that embodies everything that's wrong with America (narcissism, melodrama, gluttony and proselytizing). Also, that for the first time in my life, I laughed out loud at an NFL play.

* That while I'm human and make mistakes sometimes and can always look for ways to better myself, overall I'm happy with who I am, even when I go against the grain in life, and those who aren't happy with me for whatever reason are making more of a commentary on themselves than they are about me.



No comments:

Post a Comment